The Louisiana Division of the Arts Decentralized Arts Funding Grant, initiated in 1994 and administered in cooperation with local arts agencies throughout the state, makes the arts available in all areas of the state by giving people in each parish the opportunity to develop arts programs that meet their local needs. The grant program allocates funds on a per-capita basis to all 64 parishes in the state. These funds will be granted to applicant organizations in the parish which received the allocation. Applicants compete only against other organizations and individuals within their parish. The Arts Council serves as a re-granting agency for funds provided by the Louisiana Division of the Arts. The Arts Council funds projects and arts organizations in the following parishes through the Decentralized Arts Funding (DAF) program: Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, and Jefferson Davis.
LOUISIANA DIVISION OF THE ARTS
2018-2019 DECENTRALIZED ARTS FUNDING PROGRAM
- Jefferson Davis Parish – Jefferson Davis Paris Libraries, Monday, May 21, 2018, 10 AM
- Beauregard Parish – Beauregard Parish Library – DeRidder – May 23, 2018, 1 PM
- Cameron Parish – Cameron Parish School Board, May 22, 2018, 1 PM
- Allen Parish – Allen Parish Library, Oberlin – May 24, 2018, 10AM
- Calcasieu Parish – Central School, Friday, May 25, 2018, 2PM
- The grant application deadline is Friday, July 13, 2018 at 5 pm
- All grant applications must be submitted online via the MGO online application system
- The Grant Activity Period begins October 1, 2018 and ends September 30, 2019
The Louisiana Division of the Arts and the Arts and Humanities Council of SWLA are excited to announce the launch of a statewide grant application system for the Decentralized Arts Funding (DAF) Program.
The new application system: MyGovernmentOnline (MGO), www.mygovernmentonline.org will allow grant applicants to submit DAF Project Assistance and DAF Organizational Support grant applications online. The MGO software provides convenient online services that will help to facilitate the grant application submittal and application review process. Furthermore, the MGO software will allow grant applicants to conveniently track the progress of their application online.
Click the link below to access 2018-2019 DAF Grant Guidelines and Application Instructions: https://www.crt.state.la.us/Assets/OCD/arts/FY18-19/FY19DAF_GUIDELINES.pdf
Please take the time to download a copy of the MyGovernmentOnline customer portal instructions document which is available at: https://www.crt.state.la.us/Assets/OCD/arts/FY18-19/ApplicationInstructions-AttachmentC.pdf.
In addition, please follow the link provided here for a video tutorial that goes along with the PDF version of the instructions. It follows the “Application Instruction” document closely so that applicants can use both tools as they work through the application.
The PDF instructions and video will provide direction in creating a free MyGovernmentOnline account and step-by-step instructions on how to submit a grant application.
Please note: You must create a MyGovernmentOnline customer portal account before you will be able to access the grant application. To create the customer portal account an e-mail address is required along with a primary contact telephone number. If further assistance is needed pertaining to the use of the MyGovernmentOnline software, please call the MGO technical support line at 1-866-957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The MyGovernmentOnline agents are available to assist with any software related questions.
If you have any questions regarding the 2018-2019 DAF Grant Program, for example; questions concerning application content, questions about your project, including eligibility, please contact Robin Abshire, Community Development Director for the Arts and Humanities Council of SWLA at 337-439-2787 or by email [email protected].
TIMELINE: FY2017-2018 Grant Timeline (Upcoming Grant Cycle)
- April 15, 2017: Application and Guidelines become available online
- May 31, 2017: Last day to have draft grant application reviewed by Arts Council
- June 15: Applications due in Arts Council office by 5pm (not postmarked).
- August 23, 2017: Calcasieu Parish Grant Panel Review Session at Central School, 10am
- August 24, 2016: Ancillary Parish Grant Panel Review Session at Central School, 10am
- October 1, 2017: Grant Activity Period Begins
- September 30, 2018: Grant Activity Period Ends
- October 31, 2018: ALL Final Reports are due 30 days after project ends or by October 31, 2018; which ever comes first.
FISCAL YEAR 2017-2018 (Upcoming Grant Cycle)
- Grant Guidelines: Guidelines, FY2017-2018
- Project Assistance Application: Project Assistance Application, FY2017-2018
- Extra Provider of Services Forms: PA – PA-Extra-Provider-of-Services-Forms-FY2017-2018
- Organizational Support Application: Organizational Support Application FY2017-2018
- Grant Agreement w/Request for First Payment: Grant Agreement with Request for First Payment 2017-2018
- Grant Attachments A, B, C: Attachments A, B, C 2017-2018
- Grantee Compliance Checklist: Grantee Compliance Checklist
- Final Report Instructions, Organizational Support: Final Report Instructions, Organizational Support
- Final Report, Organizational Support: Final Report, Organizational Support
- Final Report Instructions, Project Assistance: Final Report Instructions, Project Assistance
- Final Report, Project Assistance: Final Report, Project Assistance
- Beauregard Parish – Beauregard Parish Library, Monday, May 15, 2017, 10AM
- Cameron Parish – Cameron Parish School Board, Tuesday, May 16,2017, 1PM
- Allen Parish – Allen Parish Library, Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10AM
- Jefferson Davis Parish – Jefferson Davis Paris Libraries, Thursday, May 18, 2017, 2PM
- Calcasieu Parish – Central School, Friday, May 19, 2017, 10AM
FORMS: If you need a document in an older format of Word, call 439-2787.
- OTHER FORMS: Acknowledgement Statement:
- DAF Acknowledgement Statement
- LOGOS: Click on the logo to view its full size.