The Arts & Humanities Council of Southwest Louisiana is administering two additional grants for the 2021 fiscal year. Both grants, detailed below, are intended to benefit individual artists across our 5-parish region: Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, and Jeff Davis.
INDIVIDUAL ARTIST HURRICANE RELIEF GRANT
The Arts & Humanities Council of Southwest Louisiana, in partnership with the Ceramics League of Miami, is administering the Individual Artist Hurricane Relief Grant for artists in the 5-parish area. The purpose of this grant is to provide some relief to artists in this region that have been greatly affected by Hurricanes Laura and Delta. Grant award amounts will be up to $300 each. Funds are limited and will be awarded to eligible applicants who meet all the following criteria and fully complete their application, up until the funding capacity is reached.
Individuals who may qualify include:
- Individual artists who lost income due to Hurricanes Laura and/or Delta.
- Artists of 18 years of age or older.
- Artists living in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, or Jeff Davis parish.
Application period: March 15th, 2021 to April 2nd, 2021
Applications should be emailed to Madison Miller at [email protected].
Application can be accessed here.
LDOA INDIVIDUAL ARTIST RELIEF GRANT
The Arts & Humanities Council of Southwest Louisiana is administering an Individual Artist Relief Grant in partnership with the Louisiana Division of the Arts. The purpose of this grant is to provide relief directly to individual Louisiana artists impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or other natural disasters that affected the state in 2020. Grant award amounts may be up to $1,500 each, depending on the number of applicants. Funds are limited and will be awarded based on the following criteria until funding capacity is reached.
- The artist/applicant must be an individual artist, defined as one who is dedicated to producing artwork on a regular basis, for at least the past year, as a means of generating income and is able to provide at least 2 of the following:
- Link to professional website or social media account
- Uploaded resume/CV/brief bio
- Uploaded examples of work (at least 3 examples)
- The artist/applicant must be able to describe how they have lost income as a working artist due to COVID-19 or other natural disasters that affected our state in 2020.
- The artist/applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- The artist/applicant must be a resident of the state of Louisiana.
- The artist/applicant must not be a current board member, honorary committee member, major funder, staff member, or immediate family member of such a person of the Regional Arts Council administering this grant.
- The artist/applicant cannot apply on behalf of any organization, collective, company, band, group, and/or ensemble.
Application Period: March 29th, 2021 to April 16th, 2021
To apply you must create an account and fill out the application in our online grant platform, Submittable. Click here to get started once the application period opens.
Click here to find public libraries with access to WI-FI across the state.